Sponsor a Special Senior Legal Case
It’s easy to show your concern for a unique legal issue. Just review some of the recent injustice SLS has fought to better and then make your way to our Donation Page. There, if you make a minimum donation of $500 or more and provide your “Special Case” in the “Comments or Notes” section of the donation page, you can highlight a single, important case.
Injustices SLS works to correct:
- SLS fought to obtain wheelchair access for a homebound senior who had been unable to leave her home for nearly one year.
- SLS fought to return money that had been stolen and obtained a restraining order against the immoral caretaker of a frail senior.
- SLS investigated Medicare’s denial of a pain medication a local senior had used for the relief of chronic pain for the past ten years.
- SLS provided conservatorship services for a senior who had no family and no friends to step in and who had been stuck in Dominican Hospital for months without a legitimate reason.
- SLS fought unfair rent increases on behalf of area mobile home residents.
- SLS advised a client on the use of unlawful detainer notices and negotiated a reprieve, thus allowing them to remain in their home over the holidays.
If you are an Amazon.com customer, you can set this up through AmazonSmile. For more information on AmazonSmile, please visit our AmazonSmile page.